Reusable News: Newsletters and Bulletins
Note: EPA no longer updates this information, but it may be useful as a reference or resource.
EPA published Reusable News, a newsletter highlighting recycling
and waste reduction information and success stories, from 1990 through
2003. Although no new issues are planned at this time, we are making older
issues available online. We no longer have print copies of the newsletter,
but you may download and photocopy any issues that are useful to you.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
Search Publications Alphabetically
Publications By Topic
Search for more publications by topic.
Reusable News -- Spring 2003 (PDF) (4 pp, 130K)
- Resource Conservation Challenge, a "challenge" to all Americans to do more to reduce waste, cut greenhouse gas emissions, recover energy, and protect valuable natural resources;
- Studies that measure the extent and benefits of recycling;
- Green buildings; and
- Summarizes a Satellite Forum featuring Waste Prevention Trend Setters.
Reusable News -- Spring 2002 (PDF) (4 pp, 436K)
- Wastewise partnering with Climate Neutral to reduce greenhouse gases; and
- Measuring the energy benefits of recycling.
Reusable News -- Fall 2001 (PDF) (8 pp, 482K)
- Link between climate change and waste management;
- Product stewardship goes on-line;
- Recycling program lures kids (hook, line and sinker);
- Recycled carpet;
- Wastewise encourages partners to adopt resource management;
- Roadside landscaping turns to compost; and
- Biobased products and energy.
Reusable News -- Fall 2000 (PDF) (12 pp, 488K)
- Greenhouse gases;
- Interview with David Gardiner, Executive Director of the White House Climate Change Task Force;
- Landfill methane programs; and
- An easy way to calculate climate impacts.
- Statistics from federal, state, and local efforts to promote waste reduction and recycling
- Focuses on solid waste environmental education;
- EPA's Planet Protector's Club;
- Successful state education programs;
- College and University Recycling Council;
- Keep America Beautiful's environmental education curriculum;
- The General Service Administration's Computers for Learning program; and
- WasteWise's efforts to assist schools and universities.
- Recycling investment forums;
- The Nature Conservancy's grocery store bag reuse program;
- Efforts to promote food discard recovery at schools and institutions; and
- Aberdeen, Maryland's, Recyclone Challenge campaign.
- America Recycles Day;
- Jobs Through Recycling (JTR) program;
- EPA's Municipal Solid Waste Tribal Program;
- Plastic lumber bridge; and
- The Reuse Development Organization.
- National Recycling Summit;
- Success of America Recycles Day;
- Recycling measurement; and
- EPA's WasteWise program.
- Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines;
- Benefits of recycling;
- Grant application process; and
- EPA regional activities.
- Activities of states for America Recycles Day:
- Buy-recycled fairs;
- Clean your files days;
- Compost demonstrations; and
- Household chemical collections.
- Extended Product Responsibility;
- Innovative Uses of Compost;
- Pay-As-You-Throw Success Stories;
- Closing the Circle Awards; and
- Greenhouse Gas Study
- Jobs Through Recycling program;
- WasteWise regional forums;
- Improving collection efficiency; and
- Connection between solid waste and global warming.