- Where You Live
- Laws & Regulations
- Generation & Management
- Regulatory History
- Regulatory Documents
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
February 26, 2008
- Requirements and Exemptions for Specific RCRA Wastes; Information Collection Request; Submission to OMB for Review and Approval; Comment Request (PDF) (2 pp, 180 K)
September 19, 2007
- Requirements and Exemptions for Specific RCRA Wastes; Information Collection Request; Proposed Collection (PDF) (3 pp, 184 K)
June 29, 2007
August 5, 2005
June 12, 2002
- Proposal to Add Mercury-Containing Equipment as a New Federal Universal Waste (PDF) (22 pp, 176K) EPA proposed adding used mercury-containing equipment to the federal list of universal wastes. (67 FR 40508).
- Fact Sheet: More Recycling and Reuse Proposed For Electronic Wastes and Mercury-Containing Equipment (PDF) (2 pp, 12K)
July 6, 1999
- Rule to Add Lamps as a Universal Waste
- Rule to Add Lamps as a Universal Waste (PDF) (26 pp, 172K) Hazardous waste lamps (e.g., fluorescent lights) were added as a new federal universal waste. (64 FR 36466).
- Fact Sheet: Some Used Lamps Are Universal Wastes (PDF) (2 pp, 13K) | Text file (4K)
May 11, 1995
- Final Universal Waste Rule (PDF) (61 pp, 551K) The Universal Waste Rule was published in the Federal Register, May 11, 1995 in Volume 60, Page 25492 (60 FR 25492) and codified at 40 CFR 273.
- A technical correction (PDF) (6 pp, 31K) to the universal waste rule was published in the Federal Register December 24, 1998 (63 FR 71225). This makes corrections to the regulations governing management of spent lead-acid batteries that are reclaimed; corrects the definition of a small quantity universal waste handler; and clarifies the export requirements which apply to destination facilities when destination facilities act as universal waste handlers.