Choose from the hazardous waste types below to learn more.
- Listed Wastes: Wastes that EPA has determined are hazardous. The lists include the F-list (wastes from common manufacturing and industrial processes), K-list (wastes from specific industries), and P- and U-lists (wastes from commercial chemical products).
- Characteristic Wastes: Wastes that do not meet any of the listings above but that exhibit ignitability, corrosivity, reactivity, or toxicity.
- Universal Wastes: Batteries, pesticides, mercury-containing equipment (e.g., thermostats) and lamps (e.g., fluorescent bulbs).
- Mixed Wastes: Waste that contains both radioactive and hazardous waste components.
- Waste Identification Process: Details about the process for identifying, characterizing, listing, and delisting hazardous wastes.