Requirements for New Partners
As a new partner, you must first complete the following steps:
- Join WasteWise by completing a registration form.
- Once your organization has been approved in the new system, you will gain access to your Participation Agreement. You should login and complete this form within seven days of being approved.
- After your Participation Agreement has been verified, you will need to complete your Baseline Data form and set a Baseline Goal to achieve during the remainder of your starting calendar year. Baseline data and goals are due within 90 days of submitting your Participation Agreement.
By March 31 of the next calendar year, you should complete a Partner Annual Data form with data from the calendar year you joined to see whether you achieved your baseline goal. You should also complete a Partner Annual Goal form, setting a goal for your first full year of participation thatís at least a five percent increase over the year you joined. By March 31 of every following year, you should report annual totals from the previous year and set a self-directed quantitative goal for the upcoming year.
Requirements for Existing Partners
To remain an active participant in WasteWise, partners must complete the following steps by March 31st of each year in the SMM Data Management System:
- Submit annual data for the previous year.
- Establish an annual goal for a self-directed quantitative increase in waste diverted (a combination of waste prevention, recycling, and composting tonnage) as compared to the previous year. The goal can be for an increase in a single activity or across all activities.
Requirements for Endorsers
Endorsers should advance the mission of WasteWise through recruitment, education, marketing and outreach. All existing endorsers will complete a 2014 Endorser Annual Data form via the SMM Data Management System quantifying their endorser activities and a 2015 Endorser Annual Goal form setting activity goals for the upcoming year. Any new endorsers who joined this year will set their Endorser First Year goals and then report activities following their first full year of participation and set new goals.
Additional Information for Partners and Endorsers
For any questions or assistance regarding WasteWise requirements, please contact the WasteWise Helpline at (800) EPA-WISE or email@example.com.