Jump to main content or area navigation.

Contact Us

Collision Repair Campaign

Frequent Questions

Q: I am the owner or operator of a facility that spray-applies coatings to motor vehicles or mobile equipment and is therefore subject to Subpart HHHHHH. I have petitioned for exemption from the rule. Should I submit an initial notification?

A: Unless you have already received exemption from EPA or the delegated regulatory authority, you must submit the initial notification. The initial notification is ordinarily submitted to both the EPA region where the facility resides, and the delegated regulatory authority, if any. Consult the list of delegated regulatory authorities. It is suggested that along with your initial notification, you provide the address to which your petition for exemption was submitted, and the date of its mailing.

Top of page


Jump to main content.