Jump to main content or area navigation.

Contact Us

Combined Heat and Power Partnership

Renewable Energy Grant Program

dCHPP Glossary (PDF) (2 pp, 53K)

Date Last Updated7/13/2015
Incentive TypeGrant
Incentive Administrator/Contact OfficeAlaska Energy Authority
Incentive Initiation Date5/22/2008
Incentive Expiration Date6/30/2023
Incentive Size and Funding SourceThe state of Alaska aims to provide $50 million in funding for feasibility studies, reconnaissance studies, energy resource monitoring and work related to the design and construction of eligible facilities for each of the 10 fiscal years until the program expires. Grant awards vary by project. Though there are no firm limits on grant amounts or minimum applicant contributions, applications with matching funds will be looked upon favorably. The initial allocation plan recommended that 20% of the funding go to reconnaissance, feasibility and resource studies, and the remaining 80% be awarded to final design, permitting and construction projects.
Eligible RecipientThe grant program is intended to provide assistance to utilities, independent power producers, local governments and tribal governments.
Eligible FuelDoes Not Specify
Eligible Project Size (MW)Does Not Specify
Minimum Efficiency Required (%)Does Not Specify
Other Selected Eligibility CriteriaA project must be located within Alaska to be eligible for a grant. The list of eligible technologies includes solar, wind, geothermal, hydrothermal, certain types of biomass, biogas, wave, tidal, waste heat utilization, river in-stream power, and hydropower. Also eligible are fuel cells that use hydrogen generated from an eligible renewable resource or natural gas; certain natural gas projects located in small communities; and, electricity or natural gas transmission and distribution infrastructure projects that link an eligible project to related infrastructure.
Application Form(s)Round 9 Application
Other Incentive DetailsThe Alaska Energy Authority issued a Request for Grant Applications on July 8, 2015 for Round 9 of the Renewable Energy Fund Grant Program. Applications are due by September 15, 2015.
Resource Website(s)

Top of page

Jump to main content.